1. I have got nothing cohesive and little coherent to say.
2. It has been very dry here. So dry, yesterday’s welcome passing thunderstorms were not enough to stave off our front yard occupant’s drought stress. Sunday, when my neighbor said our Norway maple was losing leaves as a form of self-triage, in my head triage was spelled tree-ahge. On the bright side, those are leaves we won’t have to rake come October. Still, sad.
3. My hands hurt from book sorting. That is just part of my job.
4. That part of my job is my least favorite and I am not done with it yet.
5. It keeps me from wanting to knit is why I do not like it.
6. Another part is washing interlocking letter and number pieces, as well as Boggle Jr. cubes and manipulatives like little plastic bears.
7. That part is less unpleasant.
8. This is the last week we have to eat dinner at 4:30 so that Kate can be at the high school for a musical rehearsal by 5:30. I plan to serve dinner at 8:45 p.m. all next week and for the rest of the summer.
9. I might not be joking about that.
10. A dear friend, Robyn Love, wrote something about me in a blog post a couple of days ago that made me blush and proud to know her all at once.
11. If you are a knitter or a crocheter, and you have yarn and time to spare, she would probably enjoy having your help. More info here.
12. If you are a weaver, that might work too. Check with Robyn.
13. Yesterday I finished knitting a sock and started the second. Retro Rib Sock (Ravelry link), the fourth pair of that pattern I will have knit, part 1.
14. I have added the number 14 so as not to end on 13. So much for my previous gentle mockery of triskaidekaphobia.